How many people get to live their dreams? I am..........!

This is my story from the time when Capt'n John and I first decided to sail around the big block, to circumnavigate this great land of ours, AUSTRALIA.


Monday 10 September 2012

Saturday 1st Sept 2012 – Sail across to Maggie Island


Saturday 1st Sept
MrJ and I leave Townsville to sail across to Maggie Island round the S & W side, past Picnic & Nellie Bay.
Picnic Bay
Nellie Bay
We see  the racing yacht coming out of the Nellie Bay boat marina. It is Maggie Island Race week.
Boat anchored behind Orchard Rock
We saw whales, mother and calf,  outside  the E point Horseshoe Bay. A small tinny was out there fishing and go a closer view.

We anchor in Horseshoe Bay in about 5mtrs of water; not too close in as to get the beach swell and then went ashore.
Going ashore
MrJ washes the sand off
A boat is beached and they are cleaning her hulls

 
 
 
We walk beach and see lots of interesting things.........
 
 
 
 
 
the damaged boat ramp
plenty of tourist action
people having fun in the sun
After our walk MrJ and I walked down the main street...........
the village of Horseshoe Bay
Check out that menu
Stopping to have lunch at the well known Noodies Latin Bar & Cafe............
they make a great Sangrias
and they need help..............
should I apply.......................
NO! I don't need a job
Latter that day me and  MrJ sat on board our lovely home, ALANA ROSE and watched the sun set over the island.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful journey indeed. I am enjoying your blog hugely.

    ReplyDelete